What Is Travel Insurance?
Let’s get you started on your travel insurance journey!
Picture this – you’re about to set off on an exciting holiday. You’ve got your travel visa, your tickets, hotel bookings and everything else in order. You land at your destination and find that your luggage has been misplaced. Or worse, you’re the victim of theft and you are left in a foreign country without your passport or any cash! Dealing with these situations can be expensive and difficult – especially if you’re in a country where you don’t speak the language. But that’s precisely why travel insurance is so crucial!
Travel insurance is a unique product that offers you financial help in case something were to go wrong while you’re travelling. It covers a range of scenarios, including medical and dental emergencies, theft of your money or passport loss, flight cancellation and misplaced or lost luggage.
Depending on where you’re going, the purpose of your visit and how often you travel, you can select a travel insurance policy that best suits your needs. A single-trip travel insurance plan is ideal if you’re travelling domestically or internationally and only travel once in a while. If you travel often for work, you may want to opt for a multi-trip travel insurance plan or an annual travel insurance plan. This way, you can save on the hassle of applying for a new travel insurance policy before each trip. We also offer customized plans for senior citizens and students who are heading abroad to continue their education. No matter what your travel needs, we’ll find a travel insurance policy for you
Travel Insurance With COVID-19 Covered*
Start Every Journey With A Travel Insurance Plan!
The easiest way for us to experience the world is through travel. You may be heading out on holiday with loved ones, leaving the nest to further your education, or attending an important conference for work. Whatever the reason, we’re sure you’d like to enjoy hassle-free travel. Sadly, we all know that there’s a possibility for something to go horribly wrong. A passport could be stolen, luggage might be lost or misplaced, and a delay could lead to a missed transit flight. Dealing with any of these problems is demanding not only emotionally and physically, but also financially.
This is precisely why it’s crucial to secure your travel with a travel insurance. The specialized plans that will look after you when you’re travelling domestically or abroad. Plans will help you deal with whatever situation comes your way. Understand that students and senior citizens have unique needs. travel insurance engineered to meet their requirements. With a travel insurance, you can travel safely even in a pandemic. If you’re abroad and happen to fall sick or test positive for COVID-19 & need hospitalization , International Travel Insurance Plans are built with Medical & Sickness Cover of Up to £300,000 will help take care of the cost of the treatment & protect you, As a result you can enjoy your travel without any worries!
How is COVID-19 Covered
• Accident & Sickness Medical Expense Under the Accident & Sickness Medical Expense, Travel insurance with COVID-19 covered compensates for the medical expenses incurred by the insured because of being diagnosed with COVID-19 outside the Republic of India during the trip duration & is hospitalized. The policy provides coverage against Medical expenses up to the limit mentioned in the policy schedule
• Trip Cancellation Compensation benefit under Trip Cancellation is offered if the insured, the insured’s Travel Companion or The Immediate family of the insured or the Insured’s Travel Companion are diagnosed with COVID-19 before commencing his/her international trip. We will reimburse you the unused and non-refundable amount of your prior bookings, such as hotel booking, ticket’s cost .You would be eligible for these benefits only if you booked and paid for such services before being diagnosed with COVID-19
• Trip Curtailment/Interruption Benefits If you are travelling with Travel insurance with COVID-19 covered and you, your Travel Companion, your immediate family or your Travel companion’s immediate family are diagnosed with COVID-19 during your trip, as a result of which, your trip has to be cut short, we will reimburse the trip interruption expenses. These expenses will be inclusive of the pre-paid and unused portion of travel and accommodation expenses, which are non-refundable; additional accommodation and travel expenses incurred due to trip interruption, subject to the sum insured limit
• Automatic extension The travel insurance policy is automatically extended for a period of 7 days if a lockdown is imposed in the destination country and no alternative mode of transport is available. Subject to Terms & conditions
Landing up somewhere without your personal belongings can be a harrowing experience. We make it easier to manage with these covers:
• Delayed Baggage Almost everybody has a story about a time when they travelled and their luggage was accidentally sent elsewhere or unnecessarily delayed. If this happens and you have our travel insurance policy, you can rest easy. Your travel insurance plan will help cover the cost of any necessary personal items that you need to purchase until your bag can reach you.
• Lost Baggage Having your baggage delayed is one thing, but if your bag is lost or stolen, managing the situation can be incredibly difficult. Luckily, our travel insurance policy can help you deal with this issue. Depending on the travel insurance policy terms, we will help reimburse you for the items in your luggage.
Obtaining a new passport in a foreign country isn’t always easy. Your international travel insurance policy will help you with the necessary and reasonable expenses that are attached to getting a new passport made
If things go a bit wrong when you’re out of the city, you may need some assistance. Our travel insurance plan will help provide you with all necessary assistance required, right from legal help to getting lost luggage and passports replaced. Our travel policy will even help with emergency travel services, cash transfers and advances
Accidents can happen at any time under any circumstance. If you happen to be involved in an accident where somebody else is harmed or injured, it could cost you quite dearly. Our travel insurance policy will help cover any damage caused to any third-party individual or property while you’re travelling. It’s important to remember that the travel policy will not cover your family members or individuals who live with you
Our travel insurance policy will offer something known as distress allowance in case the flight that you’re travelling on is hijacked
Bad weather or a local strike could delay your flight by more than 12 hours. If this is the case, you might have to book another night’s stay at a hotel or incur some other additional expenses. Our travel insurance policy will help you take care of these expenses if your flight happens to be delayed
Your travel insurance policy term often depends on the length of your trip. But, there are certain situations in which your flight may be cancelled or delayed for several days. We will automatically extend the term of cover of our travel insurance policy for seven days in case your flight is cancelled or delayed and you don’t have any other travel options available
In case there’s an emergency and you have to travel back or cancel your entire trip, don’t worry. Our travel insurance plan will reimburse you for any unused, non-refundable hotel and travel expenses
We can’t think of anything worse than having to get emergency medical treatment while you’re on holiday. Luckily, our travel insurance plans come with a medical cover for international travel as a result they are also known as Travel Medical Insurance due to the extensive medical coverage provided by them, Including protection for COVID-19*
Your travel insurance policy will help you deal with the financial implications that come with meeting with an accident or falling ill while you’re travelling. The policy will cover everything right from a regular illness that requires hospitalization to dental emergencies and even fatalities. If you happen to fall ill or meet with an accident at the tail-end of your journey, you don’t have to worry. If you’re in hospital and your policy expires, we will continue to cover you for the next 60 days or until you are discharged, whichever is earlier
Your travel insurance policy is your friend in times of need. If you require emergency medical evacuation to the nearest hospital, this policy will take care of that. In case you need to be evacuated and brought back to India for medical treatment, the travel insurance policy will look after that as well
We don’t want to think about it, but it’s possible that an accident or medical emergency abroad could end up being fatal. Travel insurance policy will provide your nominee with the full sum insured amount if this happens. We will also take care of the cost of repatriating the insured individual’s remains back to their city of residence
If you need somebody to help you out when you’re in hospital, we’ll provide a two-way ticket for a family member to come and take care of you
If you’ve purchased a student travel insurance policy, this is especially for you. If have to interrupt your education because you or a family member are ill, we’ll reimburse you any unused tuition fee
*Kindly check the policy wordings for a complete understanding of the product offerings, inclusions and exclusions
Advantages Of Travel Insurance
When you’re travelling abroad, it will take care of the cost of treatment for COVID-19 if you test positive in the middle of your trip
Travel insurance policies will not cost you too much. You can enjoy care-free travel for as little as £0.41 per day when you’re travelling internationally
Explore the many beauties scattered across India and get travel insurance cover for just INR £0.26 per day!
You can also buy a travel insurance policy online with just a few easy clicks. It doesn’t need extensive paperwork on a health check-up!
The Perfect Travel Insurance Plan
Your travel insurance policy should provide you with exactly the kind of cover you need. This is why there is multiple travel insurance plans. Specialized travel insurance policies for domestic and international travel. Additionally, Customized travel insurance policies for senior citizens and students who are heading abroad to expand their horizons. Let’s take a look at what each travel insurance policy offers, so you can find the right one for you. To know what to look for in a Travel Insurance, check our Best Travel Insurance Plan Guide. To Understand the various types of Travel Insurance Plans & to understand how to compare in between them, check our Compare Travel Insurance resource
International Travel Insurance
Travelling to a foreign country, whether for work or vacation, doesn’t have to be stressful. With international travel insurance policies, you can rest easy knowing that it willl help you out should anything go wrong. Right from small inconveniences, such as having your bag arrives late, to serious issues like medical emergencies and evacuation, international travel insurance plan will be with you at every step of the journey. If you’re likely to make multiple trips in a single year, it is better to choose multi-trip travel insurance plan
Domestic Travel Insurance
Just because you aren’t travelling abroad, it doesn’t mean you don’t need travel insurance. This travel insurance plan will help you deal with various situations while you’re travelling across UK. Right from reimbursing you for the cost of lost tickets to taking care of you after an accident while you’re out of town, this travel insurance policy is your ideal travel partner! If you travel very often, we recommend that you opt for our multi-trip travel insurance policy. This makes it easier for you to go on quick trips without having to apply for a new travel insurance plan each time
Student Travel Insurance
It would support you as you follow your dreams. This is precisely why a specialized student travel insurance policy. If you’re between the ages of 16 and 35 and you’re about to head abroad to further your education, this is the travel insurance plan for you. Apart from the usual travel insurance cover, this policy additionally provides cover for unique situations, such as reimbursing students the tuition fee if they’re unable to complete a semester due to a medical emergency. This travel insurance plan also provides cover for compassionate visits, ensuring you don’t have to be alone if you’re hospitalized!
Senior Citizen Travel Insurance
Why should young people have all the fun? Senior citizens over the age of 70 can travel and enjoy the world just as much as their children and grandchildren. Senior citizen travel insurance policy has been created keeping their needs in mind. This travel insurance plan offers additional cover for medical emergencies, including dental coverage, emergency medical evacuation and the repatriation of remains
What’s Not Covered Travel Insurance Plan?
• Loss of baggage will not be covered in cases where you have shipped the items separately or before your travel date.
• It will also not be covered in cases where your travel insurance policy does not cover the geographic region. For example, under a student travel insurance policy, if the bags are lost in India, it will be not be covered.
• If you do not report that your luggage, documents or personal belongings have been stolen to the relevant authorities, you cannot make a legitimate claim for them against your travel insurance policy.
Under certain circumstances, we will not be able to settle claims against your travel insurance policy. These circumstances include:
• Involvement in illegal activities, including felony, theft, deceit or other malicious acts.
• Participation in adventure sports, like skydiving, scuba diving, or mountain diving will not be covered under our travel insurance plans.
• Undertaking manual labor or work that could potentially harm you or be dangerous for your health
Your claim request against your travel insurance plan will not be entertained if
• You have travelled against the advice of your doctor
• You suffer from a complication or require assistance due to a pre-existing health condition
• You have injuries that are self-inflicted
• Your claim is for pregnancy or a related issue, including birth control or surgical procedures
• The issue is related to a sexually transmitted disease, mental disorder, and injuries due to the consumption of alcohol or drugs that were not medically prescribed
When, Where And How To Choose Travel Insurance?
Purchasing a travel insurance policy requires a lot of thought and consideration. To help you with your decision, here’s a look at some important factors you must consider before choosing a travel insurance policy:
Your travel insurance policy will depend largely on your destination. For starters, you must decide whether you’re travelling internationally or domestically. Based on this, you can narrow down your options. If you’re travelling internationally, it’s important that you check the travel insurance requirement of various countries. For example, certain countries will not issue you a travel visa unless you can show that you have sufficient cover in your travel insurance policy
The kind of travel insurance policy you buy will depend on how often you intend to travel. If you travel very frequently, a multi-trip travel insurance plan might be ideal for you. These plans allow you to enjoy multiple trips without you having to apply for a new travel insurance policy each time. On the other hand, if you only travel once in a while, then a single trip travel insurance policy might be better for you. You can easily apply for your travel insurance policy online and have it issued without the need for a pre-policy check-up
While picking a travel insurance plan, you must keep the length of your trip in mind. It’s a good idea to pick a travel insurance policy of a duration that slightly exceeds your actual trip dates. Ideally, you should be able to find a plan that offers cover for more days without it affecting your premium. This way, if you have to extend your trip for a few days, you don’t risk losing your cover.
If you’re travelling alone, you can purchase a travel insurance policy just for yourself without any worries. If you’re travelling with your family, you should add each member to your insurance policy. Make sure you tell us how many of you are travelling before you purchase the policy and we’ll do the needful. This makes it much easier for you to keep track of everybody’s paperwork.
This is possibly one of the most important factors that will influence your decision. Every travel insurance policy has a limit as to how much they will pay for various claims. For example, you will receive a specified sum in case your bags are lost or stolen. Even in medical emergencies, you must keep your sum insured amount and claim limit in mind. If you have a low claim limit, it may not be enough to take care of all kinds of medical emergencies while you’re travelling. Depending on where you’re going and how long you’re travelling for, you should pick a suitable sum insured for your travel insurance policy. A higher sum insured will lead to a higher premium, but it will come in handy if you require to file a claim while you’re travelling.